Today was busy. I put the plywood on the wall frames. Since these were used plywood sheets, I used wood filler to patch the holes. After sanding down the walls, I painted them black.
Got 10 of the approximately 50 walls I need to make.
Sanding the wall.
The build season is on. Just got a smoking deal on plywood from Craigslist.
Just want to thank The Haunted Shack for meeting with me over the weekend. I learned a lot in the two hours that we talked. I am looking forward to learning more tips and tricks from a fellow local haunter.
The last two weekends have been busy here at The Klownhouse. The main entrance/archway is almost complete! The frame is now done.
The archway frame.
The upper mouth is finished!
The upper mouth pieces.
It took awhile to hang the piece at the correct height. The klown’s mouth is 6′ 6″ from the ground to the bottom of the teeth.
And here it is!
The almost finished archway!
All that is left is to clean my dirty fingerprints, trim the 12ft 2 x 4’s, remove the crossing bars, hang the tarp strips, and lay the floor.
Now, all I need are ideas as to what happens once you enter the mouth. Please leave your ideas in the comment section.
The Klownhouse t-shirts are now available . I have Large and X-Large available for purchase. $20 each, plus shipping (if any).
Here is our model showing off the front of “The Klownhouse” t-shirt.
Here is the back of the t-shirt!
With the great weather outside today, I was able to paint the top half of the head. Some clean-up and detail work is still needed.
I finally got one eye finished to do a test run. Check it out!
…I was able to work on my archway. I got the clown’s mouth from a Spirit store. It was made from cardboard. I am converting it into wood for a more sturdy outdoor display.
Spirit Display Piece
Here is what I’ve done so far.