The July 4th Holiday weekend provided much need time with friends and family. It also was a very productive weekend at The Klownhouse.
After last weekend’s meeting with the Haunted Shack, I knew I had to build some sturdy walls. Well, I got the frames all built, and I just need to decide what type of material to ‘skin’ the frames with.
Here is a guide on how I built my frames.
1. For each frame, I use (2) 2x3x8s and (2) 2x2x8s; and 3 1/2 screws.
2. I lay the 2×3 on a sheet of plywood (or OSB) or anything that is 4ft x 8ft along the 8ft edge-flat side down. I marked the ends the width of a 2×2.
At the 4ft mark of the 2×3, I marked the center the width of a 2×2.
3. I pre-drilled my holes, so the wood won’t split!
4. After I putting the screws in, I lay the 2x3s along the long edge of a sheet of plywood and measure the inside distance. In my case, it was 43 inches!
5. After cutting the 2x2s to length, I screwed the pieces together.
A word of caution. I you are working outside in on a hot Southern California day, wear SUNSCREEN. I got a wicked sunburn on the back of my neck, hands and arms!